All About Denver Colorado
Denver is the most populous municipality in the State of Colorado.
Population in the city itself estimated to be over 727,000 as of 2019.
Denver is the 19th largest city (by population) in the United States.
The metro area has a population of almost 3 million, coming in at 2.93 million people in 2018.
Nicknamed the Mile High City
Elevation: 5,280 feet
The city of Denver is named after James W. Denver
Interesting Fact About Denver:
The longitudinal reference for the Mountain Time Zone, which is the 105th meridian to the west of Greenwich runs directly through Denver Union Station
Denver is routinely high on just about any list of the Best Places To Live
Denver Professional Sports Teams
- Denver Broncos
- Denver Nuggets
- Colorado Rockies
- Colorado Avalanche
- Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Mammoth
Denver Sports Venues
Empower Field At Mile high
The Pepsi Center
Top 10 Places To Visit In Denver
- Denver Union Station
- Denver 16th Street Mall
- Elitch Gardens
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Coors Field
- Empower Field At Mile High
- Denver Art Museum
- Denver Zoo
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Denver Real Estate
As of the summer of 2020, the median home price in Denver was $489,000.
In July of 2020, single-family homes in Denver sold for an average of just over $600,000
Don’t expect to get a lot of house for your money in Denver.
- Capitol Hill
- Sloan’s Lake
- Cherry Creek
- Downtown – Central business District
- Downtown – LoDo
- Five Points
- Washington Park
- Golden Triangle
- Lincoln Park
- Park Hill
- West Colfax
Cost Of Living In Denver
The cost of living in Denver is 12% than the national average. Hosting is a major contributor to that statistic.
One reason groceries are more expensive in Denver than in other parts of the country, is because food has to be trucked in from long distances to the Denver market.
If you are considering buying a home in Denver, you should contact Brothers Home Inspection Denver, one of the top home inspection companies in the Mile High City.
Daily Commute In Denver
The average daily commute for Denver residents is about 25 minutes.
Best Restaurants In Denver
- Best Doughnuts – Habit Doughnut Dispensary
- Best Bakery – Moxie Bread Co.
- Best Burrito – Burrito Giant
- Best Breakfast Sandwich – Rye Society
- Best Chicken Sandwich – Chicken Rebel
- Best Fried Chicken – The Post Brewing Company
- Best Mac & Cheese – Mac Nation Cafe
- Best Coffee – Huckleberry Roasters
- Best Hamburger – Cherry Cricket
Other Best Of Denver Winners
- Best Public Park – City park
- Best Park for Sledding – Jefferson Park
Colleges & Universities In Denver
- University of Denver
- MSU Denver
- University of Colorado Denver
- Regis university
- Johnson & Wales University Denver Campus
- Community College of Denver
- Denver College of Nursing
Top 10 Reasons You Should NOT Move To Denver